This page's transcript is incomplete for the following reason(s):
Remove this template once any and all issues are resolved.
|Previous transcript:||Next transcript:|
|Thor: Ragnarok||Avengers: Infinity War|
- BOY: Baba…
- MAN: Yes, my son.
- BOY: Tell me a story.
- MAN: (chuckles) Which one?
- BOY: The story of home.
- MAN: Millions of years ago… a meteorite made of vibranium, the strongest substance in the universe, struck the continent of Africa… affecting the plant life around it. And when the time of man came… five tribes settled on it and called it Wakanda. The tribes lived in constant war with each other… until a warrior shaman… received a vision from the Panther Goddess Bast… who led him to the Heart-Shaped Herb… a plant that granted him superhuman strength, speed and instincts. The warrior became king… and the first Black Panther… the protector of Wakanda. Four tribes agreed to live under the king’s rule… but the Jabari Tribe isolated themselves in the mountains. The Wakandans used vibranium to develop technology… more Advanced than any other nation. But as Wakanda thrived… the world around it descended further into chaos. To keep vibranium safe… the Wakandans vowed to hide in plain sight… keeping the Truth of their power from the outside world.
- BOY: And we still hide, Baba?
- MAN: Yes.
- BOY: Why?
(IN THE TRUNK BY TOO $HORT PLAYING) - Lucky shot! - That ain’t lucky! Whatever! Get outta here! Check up. Pick your man up! He open. Where you at? Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go. Pass! Pass! - Got you, E. - E, hurry up! Watch me get this. Tim Hardaway style. That’s what I call it, baby. KID: Come on. BOY: What you got? You ain’t got nothing. MAN: Hey, look, if we get in and out quick, won’t be no worries. You in the van, come in through from the west. Come around the corner. - Land right here. - Mmm-hmm. Me and the twins are pulling up right here. We’re leaving this car behind, okay? We come this… (FAINT RUSTLING) Hide the straps. Yo, is it the Feds? No. (KNOCKING ON DOOR) It’s these two Grace Jones-looking chicks. They’re holding spears. Open it. JAMES: You serious? They won’t knock again. (SPEAKING XHOSA) Who are you? Prince N’Jobu, son of Azzuri. (SPEAKING XHOSA) Prove to me you are one of us. (SPEAKS XHOSA) My King. KING T'Chaka. Leave us. This is James. I trust him with my life. He stays… with your permission, King T’Chaka. As you wish. At ease. (SPEAKS XHOSA) Come, baby brother. how you are holding up. You look strong. Glory to Bast, I am in good health. How is home? Not so good. (IN XHOSA) Baby brother. There has been an attack. This man… Ulysses Klaue… stole a quarter ton of vibranium from us… and triggered a bomb at the border to escape. Many lives were lost. He knew where we hid the vibranium… and how to strike. He had someone on the inside. Why are you here? Because I want you to look me in the eyes… and tell me why you betrayed Wakanda. I did no such thing. (SPEAKS XHOSA) Tell him who you are. Zuri, son of Badu… What? James. James, you lied to me? Leave him. You were Wakandan this whole time? You betrayed Wakanda! How could you lie to me like… Stand down. Did you think that you were the only spy we sent here? Prince N’Jobu… you will return home at once… where you will face the Council… and inform them of your crimes. Check up! (INDISTINCT CHATTER) Guard your man, guard your man! Yo.
- REPORTER: The tiny nation of Wakanda is mourning the death of its monarch, King T’Chaka. The beloved ruler was one of many confirmed dead… after a terrorist Attack at the United Nations a week ago. The suspect has since been apprehended. (Picture of Helmut ZEMO displayed) Though it remains one of the poorest countries in the world… fortified by mountain ranges… and an impenetrable rainforest… Wakanda does not engage in international trade or accept aid. The succession of the throne… is expected to fall to the oldest of the king’s two children… Prince T’Challa.
- OKOYE: My Prince… coming up on them now.
- BLACK PANTHER: No need, Okoye. I can handle this alone.
- OKOYE: Hmm.
- BLACK PANTHER: I will get Nakia out as quickly as possible.
- OKOYE: Just don’t freeze when you see her.
- BLACK PANTHER: What are you talking about? I never freeze.
- MILITANT 1: What’s going on?
- MILITANT 2: It’s the car. It lost power. It won’t start. The car no start.
- MILITANT 3: What happened?
- MILITANT 4: The engine failed.
- MILITANT 1: Ours, too. What is it, Captain? - Defense positions.- (GUNS COCKING) Defense positions.
- MILITANT 2: Are we under attack? Defense positions. Get around to the side. Defense positions. Hey. Defense positions! No games. (BARKING) What do you see? (WHISPERING INDISTINCTLY) - Come in. Come in. - (SCREAMS) Over there! Look back! Watch out! (ALL SCREAMING AND GRUNTING)
- NAKIA: T’Challa, no! This one’s just a boy. He got kidnapped as well.
- BLACK PANTHER: Nakia… I… - I wanted…-
- MILITANT 1: Hey! I have her! Don’t move! I will shoot! I will shoot her right now. (GROANS)
- OKOYE: You froze.
- BLACK PANTHER: Ah…
- NAKIA: Why are you here? You’ve ruined my mission.
- BLACK PANTHER: My father is dead, Nakia. I will be crowned king tomorrow. And I wish for you to be there.
- NAKIA: Carry yourselves home now.
- WOMAN: Thank you.
- NAKIA: And take the boy. Get him to his people.
- WOMAN: Thank you oh.
- OKOYE: You will speak nothing of this day.
- WOMAN: Yes. Thank you. Thank you.
(WAKANDA BY BAABA MAAL PLAYING)
- OKOYE: Sister Nakia… My Prince… we are home.
- T'CHALLA: This never gets old.
(WAKANDA BY BAABA MAAL PLAYING)
- NAKIA: Queen Mother… Princess… My comfort for your loss.
- RAMONDA: Thank you, Nakia. It is so good to have you back with us.
- OKOYE: Take her to the River Province to prepare her for the ceremony.
- Dora Milaje: Yes, General.
- SHURI: Did he freeze?
- AYO: Like an antelope in headlights.
- T'CHALLA: Are you finished? So surprised my little sister came to see me off before our big day.
- SHURI: You wish! I’m here for the EMP beads. I’ve developed an update.
- T'CHALLA: Update? No. It worked perfectly.
- SHURI: How many times do I have to teach you? Just because something works doesn’t mean that it cannot be improved.
- T'CHALLA: You are teaching me? What do you know?
- SHURI: More than you.
- T'CHALLA: I can’t wait to see what kind of update you make… to your ceremonial outfit.
- RAMONDA: Shuri!
- SHURI: Sorry, Mother!
- T'CHALLA: How are you feeling today, Mama?
- RAMONDA: Proud. Your father and I would talk about this day all the time. He is with us… and it is your time to be king.
(LONDON. Museum of Great Britain)
- CURATOR: Good morning. How can I help you?
- Erik KILLMONGER: I was just checking out these artifacts. They tell me you’re the expert.
- CURATOR: Ah. You could say that.
- Erik KILLMONGER: They’re beautiful. Where’s this one from?
- CURATOR: The Bobo Ashanti tribe… present day Ghana… 19th century.
- Erik KILLMONGER: For real? What about this one?
- CURATOR: That one’s from the Edo people of Benin… 16th century.
- Erik KILLMONGER: Now, tell me about this one.
- CURATOR: Also from Benin, seventh century. (CLEARS THROAT) Fula tribe, I believe.
- Erik KILLMONGER: Nah.
- CURATOR: I beg your pardon?
- Erik KILLMONGER: It was taken by British soldiers in Benin but it’s from Wakanda. And it’s made out of vibranium. (CHUCKLES) Don’t trip. I’mma take it off your hands for you.
- CURATOR: These items aren’t for sale.
- Erik KILLMONGER: How do you think your ancestors got these? You think they paid a fair price? Or did they take it, like they took everything else?
- CURATOR: Sir, I’m going to have to (CLEARS THROAT) ask you to leave.
- Erik KILLMONGER: You got all this security in here watching me ever since I walked in.
- CURATOR: (CLEARS THROAT)
- Erik KILLMONGER: But you ain’t checking for what you put in your body.
- CURATOR: (GASPS)
- All right, mate.
Let’s have it. - Come on, mate. Time.
- CURATOR: (GRUNTS)
- Erik KILLMONGER: I think she might not be feeling too good. Somebody get some help! Come here! Call a doctor, please! Please, somebody, come help!
- GUARD: Medical emergency right away in the West African Exhibit, please, right away. Look out. Step back, please. Step back. Thank you. Coming through over there. Medics coming through.
- LINDA: I’m gonna take a break.
- MEDIC 1: Let’s give the lady some space, please.
- MEDIC 2: Step back, please, gents. Step back, please. (GUARDS GRUNT) Hey, come here. Come here. It’s okay. You can go, but just don’t tell anyone, all right?
- Erik KILLMONGER: Bro, why you ain’t just shoot him right here?
- Ulysses KLAUE: Because it’s better to leave the crime scene more spread out. Makes us look like amateurs.
(HIP-HOP MUSIC PLAYING)
- Ulysses KLAUE: Now then, let’s see if you know what you’re talking about. (DEVICE WHIRRING) That’s just a taste. (SNIFFING)
- You’re gonna be a rich boy. - You better sell that quick. (CHUCKLES) It’s already sold! Whatever you try, the Wakandans’ll probably show up. That’ll make my day. I can kill two birds with one stone. You’re not telling me that’s vibranium, too?
- Erik KILLMONGER: Nah, I’m just feeling it.
(SIREN WAILING) (UPBEAT DRUMMING) (SPEAKING XHOSA) Onward! Onward! (PEOPLE SINGING IN XHOSA) (UPBEAT MUSIC PLAYING) son of Badu… give to you… Prince T’Challa… the Black Panther! (ALL CHEERING) The prince… will now have the strength of the Black Panther… stripped away. (UPBEAT DRUMMING) (BREATHING HEAVILY) (ALL SPEAKING XHOSA) Praise the ancestors. Praise the ancestors. Victory in ritual combat… comes by yield or death. If any tribe wishes to put forth a warrior… I now offer… a path to the throne. - (SHOUTS) - (TRIBESPEOPLE REPEAT) The Merchant Tribe will not challenge today. - (SHOUTS) - (TRIBESPEOPLE REPEAT) The Border Tribe will not challenge today. - (SHOUTS) - (TRIBESPEOPLE REPEAT) The River Tribe will not challenge today. - (MINING TRIBESMAN SHOUTS) - (TRIBESPEOPLE REPEAT) The Mining Tribe will not challenge today. Is there any member of a royal blood… who wishes to challenge for the throne? (ALL MURMURING) This corset is really uncomfortable… so could we all just wrap it up and go home? - Mother! - (ALL EXCLAIM) (MEN CHANTING AND GRUNTING) - Are they Jabari? - Yes. (CHANTING CONTINUES) M’Baku, what are you doing here? It’s challenge day. We have watched… and listened from the mountains! We have watched with disgust… as your technological advancements have been overseen by a child! Who scoffs at tradition! And now you want to hand the nation over to this prince… who could not keep his own father safe. Mmm? We will not have it. I said, we will not have it, oh! I, M’Baku… leader of the Jabari… I accept your challenge, M’Baku. Glory to Hanuman. (UPBEAT DRUMMING) - Jabari! - (JABARI MEN YELL) Dora Milaje! (IN XHOSA) Onward! Let the challenge begin! (YELLING AND GRUNTING) Oh! (UPBEAT DRUMMING) M’BAKU: Stand up! (YELLS) Come! - (M’BAKU LAUGHING) - WOMAN: T’Challa! (M’BAKU YELLS) Where is your god now? - (CHEERING) - Yes! (BOTH GRUNTING) No powers. No claws. No special suit, oh! Just a boy not fit to lead! Show him who you are! (T’CHALLA YELLS) (YELLING) (GROANS) (T’CHALLA GROANS) (YELLS) I am Prince T’Challa… son of King T’Chaka! You can do this, T’Challa! (GRUNTS) Yes! Come on! Yield! Don’t make me kill you. I would rather die! ALL: (CHANTING) T’Challa! T’Challa! T’Challa! T’Challa! T’Challa! You have fought with honor! Now yield! Your people need you. T’Challa! T’Challa! Yield, man! T’Challa! T’Challa! (T’CHALLA SIGHS) - Yes! Yes! - (ALL CHEERING) ZURI: I now present to you… King T’Challa… the Black Panther. (ALL CHEERING) Zuri. My King. (WHOOPING) Wakanda forever! ALL: Wakanda forever! Allow the Heart-Shaped Herb… to restore the powers of the Black Panther… and take you to the Ancestral Plane. (GROANS SOFTLY)
ZURI: T’Chaka… we call on you. Come here to your son. (SPEAKING XHOSA) Praise the ancestors. (SOFT GROWLING) (LAUGHING) (SPEAKS XHOSA) Father. My son. T’CHAKA: Stand up. You are a king. (SPEAKING XHOSA) What is wrong my son? I am not ready. Have you not prepared to be king your whole life? Have you not trained and studied, been by my side? what I am talking about. I am not ready to be without you. A man who has not prepared his children for his own death… has failed as a father. Have I ever failed you? Never. Tell me how to best protect Wakanda. I want to be a great king, Baba. Just like you. You’re going to struggle. So you’ll need to surround yourself with people you trust. You’re a good man with a good heart. And it’s hard for a good man to be king. (GASPING) Breathe. T’Challa, breathe. (BREATHING DEEPLY) Breathe. He was there. (CHUCKLES) He was there. My father. (BEREBERE BY IDRISSA SOUMAORO PLAYING) Just one?
- T'CHALLA: Come home, Nakia.
- NAKIA: I’m right here.
- T'CHALLA: Stay.
- NAKIA: I came to support you and to honor your father… but I can’t stay. I found my calling out there. I’ve seen too many in need just to turn a blind eye. I can’t be happy here… knowing that there’s people out there who have nothing.
- T'CHALLA: What would you have Wakanda do about it?
- NAKIA: Share what we have. We could provide aid… and access to technology and refuge to those who need it. Other countries do it, we could do it better.
- T'CHALLA: We are not like these other countries, Nakia. If the world found out what we truly are… what we possess… we could lose our way of life.
- NAKIA: Wakanda is strong enough to help others and protect ourselves at the same time.
- T'CHALLA: (SIGHS) If you were not so stubborn, you would make a great queen.
- NAKIA: I would make a great queen because I am so stubborn.
- T'CHALLA: Ah! See, you admit it.
- NAKIA: If that’s what I wanted.
- T’CHALLA: Is that him? Glory to Bast, man. Is he still growing?
- W’KABI: Of course. I see Nakia is back. You guys going to work it out?
- T’CHALLA: …
- W'KABI: What’s wrong?
- T'CHALLA: Nakia thinks we should be doing more.
- W'KABI: More, like what?
- T'CHALLA: Foreign aid, refugee programs.
- W'KABI: You let the refugees in… they bring their problems with them. And then Wakanda is like everywhere else. Now if you said you wanted me and my men… to go out there and clean up the world, then I’ll be all for it.
- T'CHALLA: But waging war on other countries has never been our way.
(KIMOYO BEADS TRILLING)
- T'CHALLA: You, too, huh?
- W'KABI: Bast! We’re in trouble.
- OKOYE: My King. My love. You will never guess who just popped up on our radar. A misidentified Wakandan artifact… was stolen yesterday from a British museum. We have learned Ulysses Klaue… plans to sell the vibranium to an American buyer… in South Korea… tomorrow night.
Klaue has escaped our pursuits for almost 30 years. Not capturing him is, perhaps, my father’s greatest regret. I wish to bring Klaue back here to stand trial. Wakanda does not need a warrior right now. We need a king.
- W'KABI: My parents were killed when he attacked. Not a day goes by when I do not think about what Klaue took from us. From me.
- T'CHALLA: It’s too great an opportunity to pass.
- W’KABI: Take me with you. We’ll take him down together, side by side.
- T'CHALLA: I need you here protecting the border.
- W'KABI: Then I ask… you kill him where he stands… or you bring him back to us.
- T'CHALLA: You have my word. I will bring him back. We will proceed with the mission.
(UPBEAT AFRICAN MUSIC PLAYING)
- SHURI: My King!
- T'CHALLA: Stop it. Stop it.
- SHURI: (CHUCKLES) I’ve already sent a car ahead to Busan for you. Who are you taking with you to Korea?
- T'CHALLA: Okoye. And Nakia as well.
- SHURI: You sure it’s a good idea to take your ex on a mission?
- T'CHALLA: Yes. We’ll be fine. Besides, you’ll be on call should we need backup.
- SHURI: Yes! I have great things to show you, Brother. Here are your communication devices for Korea. Unlimited range, also equipped with audio surveillance system. Check these out. Remote access Kimoyo Beads. Updated to interface directly with my sand table.
- T’CHALLA: Ah. And what are these?
- SHURI: The real question is (SHOUTS) what are those?
- T'CHALLA: (CHUCKLES)
- SHURI: Why do you have your toes out in my lab?
- T'CHALLA: What, you don’t like my royal sandals? I wanted to go old school for my first day.
- SHURI: I bet the Elders loved that.
- T'CHALLA: (CHUCKLES)
- SHURI: Try them on. Fully automated. Like the old American movie Baba used to watch.
- T’CHALLA: Mmm.
- SHURI: And I made them completely sound absorbent.
- T'CHALLA: Interesting.
- SHURI: Guess what I call them. Sneakers. Because you… Never mind. If you’re going to take on Klaue… you’ll need the best the design group has to offer. Exhibit A.
- T’CHALLA: My design.
- SHURI: Old tech.
- T'CHALLA: Old?
- SHURI: Functional, but old. "Hey, people are shooting at me. Wait, let me put on my helmet."
- T'CHALLA: Enough.
- SHURI: (CHUCKLES) Now, look at these. Do you like that one?
- T'CHALLA: Tempting. But the idea is to not be noticed. This one.
- SHURI: Now tell it to go on. Ooh! The entire suit sits within the teeth of the necklace. Strike it.
- T'CHALLA: Anywhere?
- SHURI: Mmm-hmm. Not that hard, genius!
- T'CHALLA: You told me to strike it. You didn’t say how hard.
- SHURI: I invite you to my lab, and you just kick things around?
- T'CHALLA: Well, maybe you should make it a little stronger. Hey. Wait a minute.
- SHURI: The nanites absorb the kinetic energy… and hold it in place for redistribution.
- T'CHALLA: Very nice.
- SHURI: Strike it again in the same spot.
(KIMOYO BEADS BEEP)
- T'CHALLA: You’re recording?
- SHURI: For research purposes.
(SHURI LAUGHS MOCKINGLY)
- T'CHALLA: Delete that footage.
(HANGOVER BY PSY AND SNOOP DOGG PLAYING)
- NAKIA: This way.
- OKOYE: Bast willing, this will go quickly… and I can get this ridiculous thing off my head.
- NAKIA: It looks nice. Just whip it back and forth.
- OKOYE: What? It’s a disgrace.
- NAKIA: (IN KOREAN) Hello Sophia. Good to see you.
- SOPHIA: Who are these two?
- NAKIA: My friends from Kenya. Very deep pockets. They’re good.
- SOPHIA: Good for trouble… like you?
- NAKIA: (EXCLAIMS) Thank you!
(PRAY FOR ME BY THE WEEKND AND KENDRICK LAMAR PLAYING)
Spread out. The buyer is likely already here.
- T'CHALLA: The woman outside. What trouble was she referring to?
- NAKIA: Ah… I got into a disagreement with some ivory traders. Made a bit of a mess.
- T'CHALLA: Hmm. And will there be any trouble tonight, Ms. Kenyan Heiress?
- NAKIA: Depends… on how quickly we finish the mission.
- OKOYE: (ON RADIO) Can we please focus? Thank you.
- NAKIA: (SPEAKING KOREAN) Over here. One whiskey, please. Eyes up. Americans. I count three.
- OKOYE: Five. How could you miss Greased Lightning there behind you?
- T'CHALLA: Six. Just spotted an old friend who works for the CIA. It just got a little more complicated. Agent Ross.
- Everett ROSS: Your Highness.
- T'CHALLA: You are buying from Klaue.
- Everett ROSS: What I’m doing or not doing… on behalf of the U.S. government is none of your concern. Now, whatever the hell you’re up to… do me a favor, stay out of my way.
- T'CHALLA: I gave you Zemo.
- Everett ROSS: Didn’t I keep it under wraps… that the king of a third world country runs around in a bulletproof cat suit? I’d say we were even. You really need to leave, now.
- T'CHALLA: Klaue is leaving out that door with me. You’ve been warned.
- CROUPIER: Three, craps.
- Everett ROSS: Hey, you won!
- Stan LEE: You know what? I think I’ll just take these… bring them over here and hold on for safekeeping.
- Everett ROSS: Mmm-hmm. Okay, heads up. The king of Wakanda is here. He cannot leave with Klaue. (WALKS TO T'CHALLA) All right. Vibranium from the Attack on Sokovia links back to a person… that I’m not actually saying I’m here to make a deal with… but that deal will not be called off. When the dust settles, you and me can work something out.
- T'CHALLA: I’m not here to make a deal.
(RAP MUSIC PLAYING ON CAR STEREO)
(DOOR BUZZING AND BEEPING) Klaue, plus eight! General. In position to secure our exit. And the vibranium? I don’t see it yet. OKOYE: I thought there were no weapons allowed in here. There’s not supposed to be. Somebody did not get the memo. Definitely armed. Well, that is quite the entourage. You got a mixtape coming out? Oh, yeah. (CHUCKLES) Yeah, actually, there is one. I’ll send you the SoundCloud link, if you like. Hey, Dave, can you get the link to the tape? Please, don’t make me listen to your music. I just meant you got a lot of people with you. (CHUCKLES) You think they’re for you? Don’t worry. I can do a deal with you all by myself, thank you very much. OKOYE: Six more. It’s a setup. You got the diamonds? Okay. That’s enough. - We need to move on Klaue. - T’CHALLA: Stand down. We can’t afford a shootout. Vibranium? I was going to buy a fancy suitcase… but I thought I’d save myself some money. It’s now or never. (IN XHOSA) Stand down! Hey! (SPEAKS XHOSA) (GRUNTING) (CROWD SCREAMING) Wakandans! They’re here! (PEOPLE SCREAMING) ROSS: Get outta here! KLAUE: Kill ‘em all! Diamonds, quick! (ALL GRUNTING) (YELLS) (SPEAKS XHOSA) Murderer! (GUN CLICKING) You know, you look just like your old man. (WEAPON POWERING UP) (GRUNTS) I made it rain! (LAUGHS) Let’s get out of here, boss! That was awesome! That was awesome! Let’s go! Go, go, go, come on! - Do we just leave him? - He’ll catch up. (DEVICE BEEPS) Shuri! Yes! AUTOMATED VOICE: Remote driving system activated. Wait! Which side of the road is it? T’CHALLA: For Bast’s sake! - Just drive! - Okay, calm down! Whoo! Let’s go! Put some music on. What do you think this is, a funeral? (UPBEAT RAP MUSIC PLAYING ON STEREO) Which one is he in now? Hey, split up! - They’re trying to lose us. - I’ll take the right. We’ll take the other two! I see a shortcut. (TIRES SCREECH) We’re not going to make it! BLACK PANTHER: Keep going! Whoo! Brother! (BLACK PANTHER GRUNTS) Hey, what was that? BLACK PANTHER: Don’t worry about it. You’re doing great. Guns. So primitive! It’s a vibranium car, you idiots! The bullets won’t penetrate! What are you doing? Just drive. (MEN YELL) - Whoo! - Shit! Hey, look at your suit. You’ve been taking bullets, charging it up with kinetic energy. BLACK PANTHER: Pull around the truck. Where’d he go? You show-off. There he is! Hold tight! (ENGINE REVS) All right. Let’s have some fun! (GRUNTING) (STRAINING) (PANTING) Hop in. Put that spear in the trunk. BLACK PANTHER: Faster, Shuri. I’m going as fast as I can! Take a right! Take a right! (TIRES SCREECH) No, no, no! (GRUNTS) Brother! (BLACK PANTHER GRUNTING) (PEOPLE EXCLAIMING) (GROANING AND PANTING) BLACK PANTHER: Klaue! Did you think we would forget? (BLACK PANTHER GRUNTING) Look at me, murderer! Where did you get this weapon? You savages didn’t deserve it. - (GRUNTS) - (GROANS) Oh, mercy, King. Mercy. Every breath you take is mercy from me. (IN XHOSA) King! The world watches. Let’s go, huh? (CAMERA SHUTTERS CLICKING) Yeah. KLAUE: Hello. (GIGGLES) I can see you! I can. I can see you. (CACKLING) (AIR KISSES) (SPLUTTERING) So this is a big mess, huh? I figured we could go good cop, bad cop. I’ll talk to him first, then you guys go in. (SPEAKING XHOSA) We can’t let him talk to Klaue alone. Better to let him talk to Klaue alone for 5 minutes than to make a scene here. After your questioning, we will take him back to Wakanda with us. What? No. Look, I like you, a lot. But he’s in my custody now. He’s not going anywhere. Listen, I’m doing you guys a favor by letting you even be in here. (SPEAKING XHOSA) If he touches you again, I’m going to impale him to this desk. Does she speak English? When she wants to. Huh. I’m going in. When I’m done, you guys are up. - Agent Ross. - Yeah? I do appreciate your help in Busan. You see that? It’s called diplomacy. You’re welcome. (KLAUE SINGS WHAT IS LOVE BY DEE DEE HALLIGAN AND JUNIOR TORELLO) - Okoye. - (SCOFFS) Play nice. Americans. (KLAUE CONTINUES SINGING) (ROSS CLEARS THROAT) You know, you really shouldn’t trust the Wakandans. I’m much more your speed. I don’t trust anybody, not in this job. But what I am interested in is that arm cannon out there. Where’d you get that? It’s an old mining tool that I made some adjustments to. But I can get you one, if you like. Why don’t you give me the name of your supplier, and I’ll ask them. He’s right outside. Why don’t you ask him yourself? What? T’Challa? You’re telling me that weapon on your arm is from Wakanda? Bingo. What do you actually know about Wakanda? ROSS: Um… Shepherds, textiles, cool outfits. KLAUE: (ON EARPIECE) It’s all a front. Explorers searched for it for centuries. El Dorado, the Golden City. They thought they could find it in South America… but it was in Africa the whole time. A technological marvel. All because it was built on a mound of the most valuable metal known to man. Isipho, they call it. The gift. Vibranium. Vibranium, yeah, strongest metal on earth. It’s not just a metal. They sew it into their clothes. It powers their city, their tech… their weapons. Weapons? (CHUCKLES) Yeah. Makes my arm cannon look like a leaf blower. That’s a nice fairy tale, but Wakanda is a third world country… and you stole all their vibranium. (LAUGHING) I stole… All of it? I took a tiny piece of it. They have a mountain full of it. They’ve been mining it for thousands of years… and they still haven’t scratched the surface. I’m the only outsider who’s seen it and got out of there alive. If you don’t believe me, you ask your friend what his suit is made of. What his claws are made of. (BEEPING) Your father told the UN… that Klaue stole all the vibranium you had. But now he’s telling me you have more. And you believe the word of an arms dealer strapped to a chair? (TRUCK BEEPING) (IN KOREAN) Where is that? Back there. How much more are you hiding? (SPEAKING XHOSA) Something is happening out back. (YELLS) Get down! - (KLAUE YELLING) - Stand down! MAN 1: Cover! MAN 2: Grenade! I see you took your time, didn’t you? (LAUGHS) (OKOYE SPEAKING XHOSA) My King! My King. Nakia. He just jumped in front of me. (LABORED BREATHING AND GRUNTING) I don’t think he’ll make it here. It hit his spine. Give me a Kimoyo Bead. (SIREN WAILING IN DISTANCE) This will stabilize him for now. (ROSS GRUNTING SOFTLY) (EXHALING DEEPLY) Give him to us. We can save him. OKOYE: Our mission was to bring back Klaue. We failed. This man is a foreign intelligence operative. How do we justify bringing him into our borders? He took a bullet for me. OKOYE: That was his choice. So now we are just supposed to let him die? Let us consider that we heal him. It is his duty to report back to his country. And as king, it is your duty to protect ours. I’m well aware of my duties, General. I cannot just let him die… knowing we can save him. Where exactly are we taking him? (UPBEAT AFRICAN MUSIC PLAYING) Great! Another broken white boy for us to fix. This is going to be fun. He will live. - (KIMOYO BEADS TRILL) - (MUSIC STOPS) W’Kabi is here. What’s going on, brother? Where is Klaue? He’s not here. (SIGHS) He slipped through our hands. "Slipped"? For 30 years, your father was in power and did nothing. With you, I thought it’d be different. But it’s more of the same. Let’s get going, boss. You always sell to the CIA? I sell to the highest bidder. But don’t you worry. When I get back to Joburg… and I lay low for a bit, I’ll make sure both you guys get paid. Oh, I ain’t worried about the money, bro. I know you good for it. On our way back, just drop us off in Wakanda. You don’t want to go there, boy. Yeah, I do. KLAUE: Drop it! Or your little Bonnie and Clyde routine ends today. Put your gun down now! I’m sorry. - Sorry, Erik. - It’s gonna be okay. (KLAUE GROANS) (GROANS) (KLAUE PANTING) You really want to go to Wakanda? They’re savages. [shows his scarred brand] This is what they do to people like us.
KILLMONGER: I ain’t worried about no brand. Check these out. Each one is for a kill. You can scar yourself as much as you’d like. To them, you’ll just be an outsider.
- You’re crazy to think that you can walk in there. [Killmonger pulls down his lower lip to reveal his Wakandan War Dog tattoo]
Ah, to think I saw you as some crazy American.
- [Klaue laughs before Killmonger shoots Klaue in the head]
(CHUCKLING) T’CHALLA: Leave us! So your mission did not go as planned. What happened to my uncle N’Jobu? My father told me he disappeared. There was a man today… wearing a ring identical to this one. That is not possible. He helped Klaue escape from us and he was wearing this ring! My grandfather’s ring! Do not tell me what is possible. Tell me the truth! Some truths… are too much to bear, T’Challa. That is not your choice to make. What happened to him? I promised the king to say nothing. I am your king now! Your uncle took… a War Dog assignment in America. Your father… placed me there… to observe… unbeknownst to him. Your uncle fell in love with an American woman. They had a child. The hardships he saw there… radicalized your uncle. I observed for as long as I could. Their leaders have been assassinated. Communities flooded with drugs and weapons. They are overly policed and incarcerated. All over the planet… our people suffer because they don’t have the tools to fight back. With vibranium weapons, they could overthrow every country… and Wakanda could rule them all the right way. He knew your father would not support this. So, your uncle betrayed us. No! He helped Klaue steal the vibranium. No, no, no. You will return home at once… where you will face the Council… and inform them of your crimes. ZURI: He drew his weapon on me. - No! - (GRUNTING) ZURI: Your father killed his own brother… to save my life. Speak nothing of this. And the child? We left him. We had to… maintain… the lie. What is this? Just a little gift. (SPEAKING XHOSA) Who are you? (DEVICE WHIRRING) (GRUNTING) All right, where am I? Don’t scare me like that, colonizer! (STAMMERS) What? My name is Everett. Yes, I know. Everett Ross… former air force pilot and now CIA. Right. Okay, is this Wakanda? No, it’s Kansas. How long ago was Korea? SHURI: Yesterday. I don’t think so. Bullet wounds don’t just magically heal overnight. (CHUCKLES SOFTLY) They do here. But not by magic, by technology. Don’t touch anything. My brother will return soon. ROSS: These train things… that’s magnetic levitation, right? Obviously. Obviously, but I’ve never seen it this efficient. The light panels, what are they? - Sonic stabilizers. - Sonic what? In its raw form… vibranium is too dangerous to be transported at that speed… so I developed a way to temporarily deactivate it. ROSS: There’s vibranium on those trains? There’s vibranium all around us. That’s how I healed you. (CHUCKLES) Where is T’Challa? His Kimoyo Beads have been switched off. Well, we are not joined at the hip, Okoye. A man showed up at the border who claims to have killed Klaue. What? W’Kabi is transporting him, as we speak, to the palace. We need to find your brother! An outsider? No, a Wakandan. He’s not a Wakandan. He’s one of ours. He killed his own brother… and left a child behind… with nothing. What kind of king… What kind of man does that? No man is perfect. Not even your father. He didn’t even give him a proper burial. My uncle N’Jobu betrayed us, but my father… he may have created something even worse. Hey. Look at me. You can’t let your father’s mistakes define who you are. You get to decide what kind of king you are going to be. (KIMOYO BEADS TRILL) Brother, you need to get here now! ROSS: Erik Stevens. Graduated Annapolis age 19… MIT for grad school. Joined the SEALs and went straight to Afghanistan… where he wrapped up confirmed kills, like it was a video game. Started calling him Killmonger. He joined a JSOC ghost unit. Now these guys are serious. They will drop off the grid… so they can commit assassinations and take down governments. Did he reveal anything about his identity? SHURI: He has a War Dog tattoo… but we have no record of him. Is this man Wakandan or not? (SPEAKING XHOSA) Tell us what is going on. Speak. I’m standing in your house… serving justice to a man who stole your vibranium and murdered your people. Justice your king couldn’t deliver. I don’t care that you brought Klaue. Only reason I don’t kill you where you stand is because I know who you are. Now, what do you want? I want the throne. [the tribal elders scoff and roll their eyes] (LAUGHS AND SPEAKS XHOSA) My goodness. (TRIBES’ ELDERS LAUGHING) Y’all sittin’ up here comfortable. Must feel good. It’s about two billion people all over the world that looks like us. But their lives are a lot harder. Wakanda has the tools to liberate ‘em all. And what tools are those? Vibranium. Your weapons. Our weapons will not be used to wage war on the world. It is not our way to be judge, jury and executioner… for people who are not our own. Not your own? But didn’t life start right here on this continent? So ain’t all people your people? I am not king of all people. I am king of Wakanda. And it is my responsibility to make sure our people are safe… and that vibranium does not fall into the hands of a person like you. KILLMONGER: Mmm… RAMONDA: Son. We have entertained this charlatan for too long. Reject his request. Oh, I ain’t requesting nothing. - Ask who I am. - You’re Erik Stevens. An American black operative. A mercenary nicknamed Killmonger. That’s who you are. That’s not my name, Princess. Ask me, King. No. Ask me. Take him away. (IN XHOSA) Who are you? [in Xhosa] I am N'Jadaka! Son of Prince N'Jobu! [the tribal elders are stunned] [in Xhosa] Son of Prince N'Jobu? [in English] I found my daddy with panther claws in his chest! You ain’t the son of a king. You a son of a murderer. [in Xhosa] You're lying! [in English] Lies! - I’m afraid not, Queen Mother. [presents N'Jobu's royal ring] RIVER TRIBE ELDER: (GASPS) What? (SPEAKING XHOSA) The descendent of N’Jobu. I’m exercising my blood right to challenge for the mantles of king… and Black Panther. Do not do this, T’Challa. BORDER TRIBE ELDER: As the son of Prince N’Jobu, he is within his rights. He has no rights here! The challenge will take weeks to prepare. Weeks? I don’t need weeks. The whole country ain’t gotta be there. I just need him. And somebody to get me outta these chains. T’Challa, what do you know of this? I accept your challenge. SHURI: He’ll never beat T’Challa. He should’ve just come to the first challenge and gotten it over with. (UPBEAT DRUMMING) ZURI: The king will now have the strength of the Black Panther stripped away. (LABORED BREATHING) Where is Agent Ross? I locked him in the office. He’s not going anywhere. This is your last chance. Throw down your weapons, and we can handle this another way. I lived my entire life waitin’ for this moment. I trained, I lied, I killed… just to get here. I killed in America, Afghanistan… Iraq. I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent. And all this death… just so I could kill you. Let the challenge begin. - (FAST-TEMPO DRUMMING) - (GRUNTING) Yield! (GROANS) (T’CHALLA GRUNTS) (GROANS) Snap out of it, T’Challa! (GRUNTING AND GROANING) (YELLS) (GASPS) (BREATHES HEAVILY) (GRUNTS) (GROANING) Come on, get up. Come here. This is for my father. ZURI: Erik! - Zuri, no. - Stop! - Zuri! - Zuri, don’t! I am the cause of your father’s death. Not him. Take me.
- Killmonger: [Killmonger looks at Zuri for a moment... then takes his spear...] I'll take you both, Uncle James! [...and sends it straight through Zuri's chest!]
NOOOOOOOOOOO! No! No! No! Zuri, no! (GROANS) No! No! No! Zuri! Zuri! No! No! (YELLING) Is this your king? Huh? (T’CHALLA GRUNTING) Is this your king? The Black Panther, who’s supposed to lead you into the future? Come on, Brother! Is there nothing that can be done? - (T’CHALLA GRUNTING) - Him? He’s supposed to protect you? - No. - No! No! Nah. I’m your king. - No! No! - We have to go now! Queen Mother, let’s go! (RAMONDA CRYING) The Queen Mother and Shuri, they are safe? - Yes. - (SIGHS) (IN XHOSA) Thank you. to them immediately. (IN XHOSA) I cannot. Though my heart is with you. We cannot turn over our nation to a man who showed up here only hours ago. He is of royal blood. - He killed T’Challa! - In ritual combat. Does that really matter? You are the greatest warrior Wakanda has. Help me overthrow him before he becomes too strong. Overthrow? Nakia! I’m not a spy who can come and go as they so choose! I am loyal to that throne, no matter who sits upon it. What are you loyal to? I loved him. I loved my country, too. Then you serve your country. No. I save my country. What’s wrong? The king is dead. Come with me, unless you want to join him. First Baba. And now my brother. (CRYING) Mama, we didn’t even get to bury him. (RAMONDA SIGHS) - (WHISPERS) It’s me. - Nakia. Who is this man? He’s a friend of T’Challa’s. He saved my life. Where’s Okoye? Okoye is not coming. She and the Dora Milaje will serve the new king. Wait here. What has happened to our Wakanda? (CHANTING SOFTLY) SHAMAN: Allow the Heart-Shaped Herb… to give you the powers of the Black Panther… and take you to the Ancestral Plane. (SOBBING QUIETLY) N’JOBU: What did I tell you about going into my things? Hmm? (CHUCKLES SOFTLY) What did you find? Your home. I gave you a key hoping that you might see it someday. Yes. The sunsets there are the most beautiful in the world. But I fear you still may not be welcome. Why? They will say you are lost. But I’m right here. (SIGHS HEAVILY) No tears for me? Everybody dies. It’s just life around here. Well, look at what I have done. I should’ve taken you back long ago. Instead, we are both abandoned here. Well, maybe your home is the one that’s lost. That’s why they can’t find us. (GASPING) Breathe! Breathe, My King, breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. The Heart-Shaped Herb did that? This all of it? Yes. So when it comes time for another king, we will be ready. Another king? Yeah, go ahead and burn all that. My King, we cannot do that. It is our tradition… (CHOKING) When I tell you to do something, I mean that shit. (YELPS) (BOTH GASP) Burn it all! (HIP-HOP MUSIC PLAYING) You know, where I’m from… when black folks started revolutions, they never had the firepower… or the resources to fight their oppressors. Where was Wakanda? Hmm? Yeah, all that ends today. We got spies embedded in every nation on Earth. Already in place. I know how colonizers think. So we’re gonna use their own strategy against ‘em. We’re gonna send vibranium weapons out to our War Dogs. They’ll arm oppressed people all over the world… so they can finally rise up and kill those in power. And their children. And anyone else who takes their side. It’s time they know the truth about us! We’re warriors! The world’s gonna start over, and this time, we’re on top. The sun will never set on the Wakandan empire. OKOYE: Wakanda has survived for so long… by fighting when only absolutely necessary. Wakanda survived in the past this way, yes. But the world is changing, General. Elders, it is getting smaller. The outside world is catching up… and soon it will be the conquerors or the conquered. I’d rather be the former. You heard your orders. Let’s get to it. ROSS: So where are we going again? NAKIA: We’re taking the Heart-Shaped Herb to Jabariland. Heart-Shaped Herb? What is that? It gives whoever takes it heightened abilities. It’s what made T’Challa so strong. Nakia. I don’t like this. The Herb belongs to us. We may be creating a bigger monster with M’Baku. Nakia, you should take it yourself. I am a spy with no army. I wouldn’t stand a chance. (SIGHS) We’ll go. Oh, boy. (SHUSHES) (MEN CHANTING AND GRUNTING) ROSS: Oh, shit. Look down. Stay calm. Shuri. Look down. My son… was murdered in ritual combat. - Were the odds fair? - Yes, but… So it was less a murder than a defeat. - Do not rub our noses in it! - Silence! I make the pronouncements here, girl. Look, uh, Your Highness, the new king is a U.S… (GRUNTS) - The new king… - (MEN GRUNTING) M’BAKU: You cannot talk! One more word, and I will feed you to my children. I’m kidding. We are vegetarians. (LAUGHING) NAKIA: Great Gorilla M’Baku… this is why we are here. To offer this to you. An outsider sits on our throne. Only you can help us stop him. Come with me. - (GASPS) - Impossible! (RAMONDA GASPING) Is he breathing? He’s in a coma. Barely clinging to life. One of our fishermen found him at the edge of the river border. He brought him to me. Why do you have him in the snow? It is the only thing keeping him from joining the ancestors. We need to get him to my lab. I can heal him there. Take him. He’ll be dead in seconds. Nakia, the Herb. I call upon the ancestors. I call upon Bast. I am here with my son, T’Challa. Heal him. We must bury him. Cover him. Cover him! Okay. (IN XHOSA) Praise the ancestors. Praise the ancestors. Praise the ancestors. Praise the ancestors. Wake up, T’Challa. Wake up. (T’CHAKA SPEAKS XHOSA) My son. for you to come home… and be reunited with me. (SPEAKS XHOSA) Why? bring the boy home? Why, Baba? He… He was the truth I chose to omit. You were wrong to abandon him. I chose my people. I chose Wakanda. Our future depended… You were wrong! All of you were wrong! To turn your backs on the rest of the world! We let the fear of our discovery stop us from doing what is right! No more! I cannot stay here with you. I cannot rest while he sits on the throne. He is a monster of our own making. I must take the mantle back. I must! I must right these wrongs. - (T’CHALLA GASPS) - (RAMONDA EXCLAIMING) (SHIVERING) Do you have a blanket? NAKIA: Killmonger has the full support of our military. And he burned the garden of the Heart-Shaped Herb. ROSS: Of course he did. That’s what he was trained to do. His unit used to work with the CIA to destabilize foreign countries. They would always strike at transitions of power… like an election year, or the death of a monarch. You get control of government, the military… - Our resources. - ROSS: Right. The Great Mound. Our vibranium, all of my designs. He will send our weapons all over the world. You must get them out of Wakanda safely. - What? - What about you? The challenge will have to continue. T’Challa, we will not leave Wakanda. It is my duty to keep you safe. If he gets control of our technology, nowhere will be safe. (CHUCKLES SOFTLY) The Black Panther lives. And when he fights for the fate of Wakanda… I will be right there beside him. As will I. ROSS: I’m in, too. What? You’re gonna need all the help you can get. (M’BAKU YAWNS LOUDLY) Are you done? (STAMMERS) Are you done? Could you give me and Lord M’Baku a moment? (SIGHS) Thank you. I owed you a great debt. A life for a life. Consider it paid. Please allow my mother to stay here. No harm will come to her. I give you my word. You know, I could use an army as well. I bet you could. (LAUGHS) But no. I will give no Jabari lives towards your cause. It is our cause. - It is for all of us. - Oh, us? Us? You are the first king to come here in centuries… and now you speak of "us"? I cannot speak for past kings. But an enemy sits on the throne right now. We both know the power of vibranium. If Killmonger gains control of it, who do you think he will come for next? We will not help you. (SIGHS) (HIP-HOP MUSIC PLAYING) W’KABI: Everything is on schedule. Have the spies been alerted? Yes. Some resistance to our new mission. But the War Dogs in London, New York and Hong Kong are standing by. We’ll strike there first. The others’ll come around. Look at this. A handheld sonic cannon, powerful enough to stop a tank… untraceable by metal detectors. And we got thousands of them. The world’s gonna find out exactly who we are. (EXPLOSION) He lives. N’Jadaka! Wassup? I never yielded! And as you can see, I am not dead! All that challenge shit is over with! I’m the king now! Get those planes in the air! Carry out the mission! - Shuri, now. - SHURI: (ON RADIO) Copy that. SHURI: Go, go, go! Come on, Ross! W’Kabi, man, kill this clown. W’Kabi, the challenge is not complete. What will we do?
- Border Tribe! [in Xhosa] Kill him! [The Border tribesmen charge into battle against T'Challa. A furious Okoye rounds on Killmonger]
(ALL GRUNTING) (SHOUTS IN XHOSA) (ALL YELLING)
- You! Your heart is so full of hatred, you're not fit to be a king! [Okoye and the Dora Milaje attack Killmonger as he activates his own Black Panther suit]
Come on! Ayo, the king! (SHOUTS IN XHOSA) (ALL GRUNTING) (SHOUTS IN XHOSA) Shields! (GRUNTING) (ALL YELLING) Ah! W’Kabi, stop this! Stop this now! No! (BLOWING HORN) (MEN CHANTING) (ALL GRUNTING) Nakia and I will get control of the Royal Talon with this. So what do I do? You’ll have to fly it. - What? - You were a great pilot. Don’t worry, I’ll guide you through it. It’s just like riding a hoverbike. What? You guys have hoverbikes? Hey, Nakia, take that. - I’m not a Dora. - Just put it on, it’s armor! Come! Good luck, Agent Ross! Yeah, I don’t know what I’m doing with this. NAKIA: We’re counting on you. (ALL GRUNTING) (SPEAKS XHOSA) (ALL GRUNT) (KILLMONGER GRUNTS) (SCREAMING) Come on! (ALL YELLING AND GRUNTING) NAKIA: Go, go! AUTOMATED VOICE: Remote piloting system activated. My God. SHURI: I made it American style for you. Get in. All right. (GRUNTS) Yes! Go! We can’t let those weapons get beyond Wakanda. All right, I’m on it. (BLACK PANTHER GRUNTING) (SPEAKS XHOSA) Lock! (KILLMONGER GROANING) Get him down! Get the necklace! Get the necklace! (GRUNTING) (GRUNTING) Okay, Shuri. I got ‘em. What do I do? Shoot them down, genius! All right. Here goes nothing. All right, got them. Oh, shit. Shit, shit, shit. (GRUNTS) (GRUNTING) (YELLING) - KILLMONGER: Nice! - (SCREAMS) (STRAINING) (KILLMONGER GROANING) (WEAPON POWERS DOWN) (PANTING) (ALL YELLING) (ALL GRUNTING) BLACK PANTHER: Shuri! (YELLS) What’s up, Princess? You’ll never be a true king. (BLACK PANTHER GRUNTS) Brother! (BOTH GRUNTING) (GROANS) Shuri. Brother! Turn on the train on the bottom track. SHURI: The stabilizers will deactivate your suit! You won’t have protection! Neither will he. Okay! (BEEPS) I don’t need a suit to kill you. Your reign is over! You sat up here, safe and protected. T’CHALLA: You want to see us become just like the people you hate so much. Divide and conquer the land as they did! Nah, I learn from my enemies. Beat them at they own game. You have become them! You will destroy the world, Wakanda included! The world took everything away from me! Everything I ever loved! But I’mma make sure we’re even. I’mma track down anyone who would even think about being loyal to you! And I’m gonna put they ass in the dirt right next to Zuri! (YELLS) - Nakia! - (NAKIA GRUNTING) - Are you all right? - I’m okay. You? - Yes. - Let’s go. Shuri, I’ve lost one of them, but two are on my tail. (MUFFLED EXPLOSION) Shit. What the hell was that? AUTOMATED VOICE: The lab is under attack. What? Where? Deactivating hologram. SHURI: Ross, you have to get out of there, now! How long have I got? AUTOMATED VOICE: Glass integrity is at 50%. Put me back in. SHURI: Ross! Ross! (ALL GRUNTING) Surrender now! You have three seconds to lay down your weapon! One! Two! (MEN GRUNTING) Witness the might of the Jabari firsthand! (YELLING) (YELLS) (SHOUTS IN XHOSA) (SHOUTS IN XHOSA) (BOTH GRUNTING) (GROANING) (BOTH GRUNTING) AUTOMATED VOICE: Glass integrity is at 15%. - Critical weapons failure. - Shit! Hey, Shuri! The last cargo ship is almost at the border… but they got me trapped with some kind of cables. Make an X with your arms! AUTOMATED VOICE: Sonic Overload initiated. Now break it! AUTOMATED VOICE: System rebooting in five… four, three… two, one. System rebooted. Yes! We did it! SHURI: Great! Now get out of there! (ALL GRUNTING) (SPEAKS XHOSA) Charge! (GRUNTS) (YELLS) (W’KABI GRUNTS) Drop your weapon! Would you kill me, my love? For Wakanda? [she holds her spear at his throat] Without question! (SPIRITUAL AFRICAN MUSIC PLAYING) (BOTH GRUNTING) This is it for you, Cousin. (GROANING) Hell of a move! (BREATHES HEAVILY) My pop said Wakanda was the most beautiful thing he ever seen. (KILLMONGER GROANS) He promised he was gonna show it to me one day. You believe that? Kid from Oakland, running around believing in fairy tales. (GROANING) (SIGHS) It’s beautiful. (LABORED BREATHING)
- [T'Challa has stabbed Killmonger in the chest]
Maybe we can still heal you. Why? So you can just lock me up? Nah. Just bury me in the ocean... with my ancestors that jumped from the ships, 'Cause they knew death... was better than bondage.... [pulls the dagger out of his chest and collapses] (GRUNTS) (SIGHS) (WAKANDA BY BAABA MAAL PLAYING) (INDISTINCT CHATTER) Thank you. You saved me. You saved my family. Our nation. There’s nothing to thank me for. It is our duty to… It was my duty to fight for what I love. I should’ve… You can’t blame me, I almost died. Stay. I think I know a way you can still fulfill your calling. Please stay. (SLEEP WALKIN BY MOZZY PLAYING) KID 1: Oh, he moves it! He moves it! KID 2: Who man is that? KID 3: Bucket! KID 2: Easy.
- [In Oakland]
When you said you would take me to California for the first time… I thought you meant Coachella… or Disneyland. Why here? [sees a condemnation notice] This is where our father killed our uncle. They’re tearing it down. Good. They are not tearing it down. I bought this building. And that building. And that one over there. This will be the first Wakandan International Outreach Center. Nakia will oversee the social outreach. And you will spearhead the science and information exchange. (CHUCKLES) You’re kidding. Eh? (KIMOYO BEADS TRILL) Oh… Hey, yo. Man, what the hell is that? KID 2: That’s like a Bugatti spaceship! Bro, it came out of nowhere. Did y’all see that? What? KID 2: Check it out, bro. We can take this back to the house. Pull up to school in this. Look, we can break it apart. We can sell it. KID 4: On eBay. KID 2: Everybody get, like, a million apiece. SHURI: I wouldn’t do that if I were you guys. KID 2: Where you come from? SHURI: From Wakanda. KID 4: What is a Wakanda? KID 5: Hey, yo! This yours? Who… Who are you?
- (ALL THE STARS BY KENDRICK LAMAR AND SZA PLAYING)
- (CAMERA SHUTTERS CLICKING)
- T’Challa: My name is King T’Challa… son of King T’Chaka. I am the sovereign ruler of the nation of Wakanda. And for the first time in our history… we will be sharing our knowledge and resources… with the outside world. Wakanda will no longer watch from the shadows. We cannot. We must not. We will work to be an example of how we… as brothers and sisters on this earth… should treat each other. Now, more than ever… the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth. More connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis… the wise build bridges… while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way… to look after one another… as if we were one, single tribe.
- With all due respect, King T’Challa… what can a nation of farmers have to offer the rest of the world?
(ALL MURMURING) (RUSTLES) (BOYS GIGGLING) Are you playing around with that man again? - No. - You’re teasing him again. - Don’t wake him. He must rest. - THABO: No, I’m not. No, I’m not. SHURI: Thabo, you’re doing that. KID 2: He’s doing it. He’s lying.
- Shuri: No, he’s resting. Go, go!
- [Post-credits scene: in a small village at Wakanda, Bucky comes out of a hut. He looks around. A group of children call him "White Wolf". He approaches to Shuri]
- Kids: (IN XHOSA) White Wolf! White Wolf!
- Shuri: Good morning, Sergeant Barnes.
- Bucky Barnes: Bucky.
- Shuri: How are you feeling?
- Bucky: Good. [pause] Thank you.
- Shuri: Come. [starts walking away] Much more for you to learn.
- [Bucky pauses for a moment, looking at the landscape, then follows Shuri.]
- [Black Panther will return in Avengers: Infinity War]